Don’t Feed Your Dog These 5 Foods

Don’t Feed Your Dog These 5 Foods

Everyone wants their pets to be healthy and happy. However, one of the most hurtful things that may happen to your dog is to ingest something genuinely hazardous. We at Saint N Mike want you to be aware of some of the most harmful foods for your dog. Remember that it is better not to feed your dog any human food at all. Keep your dog safe by seeing the top five foods that you should never feed your dog. Visit our online pet store when you’ve finished reading and find everything your four-legged friend needs to thrive!



Xylitol is an artificial sweetener found in sugarless gum, sugar-free sweets, and baked goods. It's also included in toothpaste, mouthwash, chewable vitamins, and cough syrup. Ingestion can result in a dangerous reduction in your dog's blood sugar as well as liver damage. For example, a 10-pound dog would only need to consume one piece of sugar-free gum to obtain a potentially deadly amount, according to the Pet Poison Helpline. In addition, dogs who ingest significant amounts of xylitol may develop liver failure. If you believe your dog has consumed anything containing xylitol, you should call your veterinarian right away.

Grapes and Raisins

While grapes and raisins are not toxic to some dogs, they have been linked to renal failure in others. Within 12 hours of consumption, vomiting, lethargy, and diarrhea may ensue. If the symptoms are not addressed, they might lead to dehydration, loss of appetite, and excessive urine followed by reduced urine. If your dog has eaten grapes or raisins and these symptoms appear, take them to the doctor right away. Within three to four days, your dog might develop a long-term renal illness or perhaps die from renal failure.


It's a well-known truth that chocolate is toxic to dogs. The amount and type of chocolate consumed by your dog influence the symptoms and level of poisoning they may experience. Vomiting, diarrhea, increased thirst, stomach pain, lethargy, muscular spasms, irregular heartbeat, high body temperature, seizures, and death are all possible symptoms. The darker the chocolate (for example, baker's chocolate or cocoa powder), the more harmful it is to your puppy. If your dog consumes chocolate, it’s always a good idea to check in with your vet.

Macadamia Nuts

It just takes a few macadamia nuts to get your dog ill. Keep an eye out for indications of weakness or despair. More severe macadamia toxicity might cause chills and tremors. It is possible that symptoms will not show for up to twelve hours. Keep your dog away from macadamia nut-containing sweets and candies.


Isn't it true that dogs and bones go together? No, not exactly. Bones are more of a hazard than a way of life for the unskilled domestic pet in hunting and eating wild creatures. Splinters from bones might become caught in your dog's throat or even damage his digestive systems. So instead, stick to toy bones or bone-shaped goodies.

Learn More

Even though we’ve discussed five items that your dog should not consume, it is crucial to note that this is a relatively limited list. In reality, many other foods would be highly detrimental to your dog's health. If you have any more questions, we recommend speaking with your vet.

At Saint N Mike, all of the unique products for dogs are designed to help you give your pet the life they deserve. Browse our online pet store today!


Leave a comment

FREE SHIPPING – no code needed, just head for checkout!